Dear ANA-New York Members,
In 2014 the ANA Committee on Appointments (COA) adopted streamlined processes, including the implementation of an annual Call for Nominations for Appointive Positions. The general call for nominations for appointive positions on ANA committees and boards is now open until 5:00pm ET on Friday July 31, 2015.
Please see below for more information about submitting a nomination. Thank you for considering giving your time and talent in service to ANA and please share the Call below with your fellow members!
On behalf of the ANA Board of Directors, the Committee on Appointments issues this call for qualified nominees for appointment to seats on the:
· Three (3) seats open to ANA Members (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) with knowledge of and interest in ANA and/or C/SNA governance and organizational management.
· Terms of service: January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017.
- Experience in bylaws development and/or parliamentary procedure is especially desired.
- Knowledge of professional practice standards, experience in evidence-based practice and/or public policy is especially desired.
- Selected members will evaluate nominations and make recommendations to the Committee on Honorary Awards regarding recipients of ANA’s national awards.
- Terms of one, two or three years will be assigned to facilitate staggering.
- Four (4) seats open to ANA Members (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) with terms of service January 1, 2016- December 31, 2017.
- Selected consultant will serve April, 2016 – April, 2018.
· Two (2) seats open to ANA Members (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) with terms of service January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2019.
· One (1) non-voting alternate seat open to ANA Members (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) with a term of service January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017.
· Twelve (12) seats open to ANA Members (C/SNA-ANA or IMD).
· Terms of Service: August, 2015-January 2016 (aligned with the biennial Call for Nominations for Awards).
· Eight (8) seats open to ANA Members (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) with backgrounds in behavioral health care and an interest in leadership and mentoring in under-represented communities. (NOTE: This committee has seats dedicated to representing particular minority groups. Nominations of Asian Americans, Hispanic/Latinos, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders are especially encouraged to help meet the representational requirements of the committee.)
· Two (2) seats open to members of the public who are behavioral health care consumers.
· Two (2) to three (3) nominees to be recommended by the ANA Board of Directors for consideration by the NSNA Board of Directors.
· Conflict of Interest Disclosure (included in online form)
· Financial Interest Disclosure (included in online form)
· Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Agreement (included in online form)
Nominees may submit electronically up to three (3) letters of endorsement with the required nomination materials. All nomination materials must be submitted by 5:00pm ET on Friday, July 31.
If you have any questions regarding the appointments process, please contact Rachel Miller-Bleich, Board of Directors and Committee Administrator, at 301-628-5064 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda Gural, RN, CCRN
Chair, Committee on Appointments